- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 medium onions
- 1 bell pepper
- 250g mushrooms
- 2 gloves garlic chopped very finely
- 1 can baked beans in tomato sauce
- 1tbs turmeric powder
- 1tbs sweet paprika
- 1 handful spinach (chopped roughly)
- Salt and pepper (according to taste)
- A bunch of fresh parsley chopped
-you can also add a bit of chilli if you like your food on the spicy side
Heat the oil in a frying pan on medium heat. Add the chopped onions, bell pepper, salt and pepper and cook, stirring every few minutes, until onions are caramelized and peppers are becoming tender. Then add the chopped mushrooms, the baked beans, garlic, turmeric, paprika. Cook and stir occasionally until it becomes a more thick consistency( so it’s not runny).
When it’s done, add the parsley and spinach and mix everything together.
This side dish goes very well with baked potatoes or chips with a salad and plant based sausages.
It’s also very yummy to have it with rice 🙂 or on toast if you don’t want to be in the kitchen for too long haha
Follow me @fit_is_luxury on Instagram